Get top CPU, memory and IO processes.

Gothnet openmoko at
Tue Nov 25 15:14:43 CET 2008

Levy Abinajm Melero Sant'Anna wrote:
> I wanna make some collects to make graphics about resources
> utilization, just to help the developers to make a faster stack.
> I was thinking to take more low level possible to not compromise the
> data collected.
> Thank you,
> Levy

May I suggest you investigate a program called "powertop" too?

It looks at which programs are making the processor wake up and eat cycles.
It's no ideally suited to OM firmware because it doesn't (yet?) use a
tickless kernel, but it will still give you some useful information. I had
built it for OM2008.09 but I've lost the binary now. Source is easily
available from the official site, which you can google.