Turning FR on after suspention

arne anka openmoko at ginguppin.de
Tue Nov 25 16:38:56 CET 2008

please prefix any posting with the appropriate distribution (ie 2007.2,
2008.9, FDOM, Debian, FSo)!

> To turn on FR after it gets suspended I just need to press the Power
> button on the right side of the phone.
> Am I right?

depends on the distribution used.

> Cause sometimes it just stays suspended (screen doesn't turn on). Then I
> usually hold the Power button for some time and FR shuts down. Then I
> can turn it on.

touch the screen.
with fso ms4 i experience that, after hitting pwr, the screen lights up
very shortly but gets blank again -- probably the idle dim kicks in,
tapping the screen turns the light back on.
with 2007.2 (the distribution the fr comes with) this is a bug, which will
not be fixed, since 2007.2 is dead -- upgrade to another distribution.