Disappearing song name text in openmoko-mediaplayer2

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sat Nov 29 16:08:35 CET 2008

Like probably a few others (as it's the only functional version of
openmoko-mediaplayer2 for ogg playback), I'm using the ALSA-outputting
version of openmoko-mediaplayer2 from the .tar.gz file at
http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1614 together with the theme
files from http://docs.openmoko.org/trac/ticket/1012.

The problem is that somehow I always seem to lose the texts from the
first tab (current playing and controls), including the "No cover"
text and the song name texts. The track number, current / remaining
time texts and all other texts on other tabs are shown, but missing
the actual song name is rather unfortunate for non-random playback.

Has someone actually figured out what combination of Stuff (like
gtk/glib) makes the song text information disappear, and what would be
actually a working combination?

Another problem is that the forward/rewind and volume control has
become extremely sensitive instead of normal functioning, probably
also because of Bad Code and some upgrade libraries or such.

Also, does anyone have any further developed openmoko-mediaplayer
somewhere? It seems SHR hasn't got openmoko-mediaplayer3 yet.

As a whole, openmoko-mediaplayer2 is a lot more usable than pythm for
music playback, and touch screen usability has been thought during the
design phase, so I'd hope to get it running better.

-Timo