My Mickeyterm/Ctrl-z Headache

VictorSigma victorsigma at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 16:14:30 CET 2008

This is my terminal output. After I press ctrl-z the stopped message appears

root at om-gta02:~# mickeyterm
read history from /home/root/.mickeyterm_history
<----------- Mickey's Term V2.9.1 @ /dev/pts/4 ----------->
AT-Command Interpreter ready
AT+CMEE=2;+CRC=1
OK
AT
AT
OK
AT+COPS?
AT+COPS?
+COPS: 0,0,"T-Mobile"

OK
AT+CMGF=1
AT+CMGF=1
OK

AT+CMGW="2679028451"
AT+CMGW="2679028451"
> A test message
A test message
> [1] + Stopped                    mickeyterm
@om-gta02:/home/root#

well if I enter "stty -a" then it becomes part of the text message. If
ctrl-d out of mickyterm and enter "stty -a" i get

root at om-gta02:~# stty -a
speed 38400 baud; rows 29; columns 80;
intr = ^C; quit = ^\; erase = ^?; kill = ^U; eof = ^D; eol = M-^?; eol2 =
M-^?;
start = ^Q; stop = ^S; susp = ^Z; rprnt = ^R; werase = ^W; lnext = ^V;
flush = ^O; min = 1; time = 0;
-parenb -parodd cs8 -hupcl -cstopb cread -clocal -crtscts
-ignbrk -brkint -ignpar -parmrk -inpck -istrip -inlcr -igncr icrnl ixon
-ixoff
-iuclc ixany imaxbel
opost -olcuc -ocrnl onlcr -onocr -onlret -ofill -ofdel nl0 cr0 tab0 bs0 vt0
ff0
isig icanon iexten echo echoe echok -echonl -noflsh -xcase -tostop -echoprt
echoctl echoke