Om2008.9 suspend? - OM2007.2 battery life > Om2008.9 battery life

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Wed Oct 1 13:59:32 CEST 2008

On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 08:53:02 +0100 Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> babbled:

> |> if it is - you are victim of the "qpe halted suspend before it ever
> got to the
> |> kernel" bug. ompower is stuck waiting for apm -s to return
> (indicating resume)
> |> at which time it will turn the light back on.
>
> I guess I should have said "if anything in userspace decides..." then,
> but it is evidently the right idea.
>
> Just curious, what's qpe's POV about intercepting the suspend?  I guess
> there are plans to have it not do it without a better reason?

it needs to to tell the gsm modem to go into "low power i'm suspended" mode -
thus it needs to intercept the suspend action until it's managed to do this. i
THINK that qpe simply manages to error here. either calypso does the right
thing and replies and qpe doesnt know, or calypso just errors or refuses. but
the problem is definitely in that space somewhere. :( (kill the apm process
thats hung and presto - backlight will be back on! but you have a badly
behaving calypso i think... so ymmv after that)

The Rasterman (Carsten Haitzler)    raster at rasterman.com