Battery Indicator problem

henrikz henrik at
Sun Oct 12 17:37:48 CEST 2008

> Something's broken somewhere... there have been issues with HDQ
> communication timing but that's only on 2.6.26+ branches IIRC.
> The obvious thing to do would be swap out with another CC battery and
> see if the problem belongs to that battery or the Freerunner, but I
> guess you only have the one battery.
> Timeout error as shown typically means either the battery HDQ pin is not
> connected, but it can mean other things like our timing is wrong talking
> to it, pin on CPU is dead, etc.

Thank You for Your help and quick replies!

I can happily report that (only) my battery was faulty!

After reporting my problem to Golden Delicious (from where I bought my FR) I
was quickly send a replacement battery and now everything is working... and I
actually bring my FR along with me when I go places :)

Case closed.