tango

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 19 13:23:55 CEST 2008

2008/10/19 Joel Newkirk <freerunner at newkirk.us>

> AFAIK the FreeRunner currently has no way to flash itself from an image,
> regardless of where it's located.  At best you'd only be able to flash
> bootsplash and uboot bootloader while the OS is running from the internal
> flash you'd be overwriting.  Such a flash feature would need to be in the
> bootloader itself and (currently at least) is not. (uboot)  Dfu-util is it,
> and neotool as GUI and extension for it.

I haven't tried this yet, but when I've booted from SD (a bigger one than
the original 512 MB that's delivered with the FR), why shouldn't I be able
to erase and flash /dev/mtd kernel and rootfs like I'm doing with uboot
environment? I'll give it a try next time I've mashed up the Om2008.8 that I
have currently in NAND.