Re-registering to GSM network

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at
Mon Oct 20 00:10:49 CEST 2008

Leonti Bielski wrote:
> I just have! And it's working! No more re-registering.
> Thanks a lot!

In bug #1024 mickey and also mwester talked about the power consumption
of this change... Quoting one of the comments you can read:
> While this increases power consumption, it will make a significant difference to all people who want to use their Neo as a day-to-day phone.

So, is this change really affecting the power consumption so much? Since
after some days of usage of the newer mode my neo seems to use really
much battery also in suspend mode. Is this only a coincidence?

Treviño's World - Life and Linux