Qtopia questions

kazer at altern.org kazer at altern.org
Mon Oct 27 15:15:23 CET 2008

> On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 09:45 +0000, Alastair Johnson wrote:
>> Jette Derriche wrote:
>>
>> > 2)
>> > Is it possible to import and export the addressbook in VCard format?
>> If
>> > so, how?
>>
>> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Import_Vcf_Contacts
>
> I assume this is the command to use on my phone (Qt Extended from
> qtopia.net with the mwester kernel)
>
> # addressbook path_to_vCards_file_to_import.vcf
>
> But is says 'addressbook not found'.
>
> I have googled but I haven't been able to get confirmation that this is
> the way to do it...
>
> ?
>
> /Jette

To import my addressbook, i simply sent it via bluetooth, after exporting
it from kaddressbook in VCF 3 format and changing the encoding. Qtopia
imported it flawlessly, even importing my contacts's pictures. Some fields
are still missing, like birthdays, but most of them are here. I haven't
found yet how to export from FR to desktop, though.

K-