fso, debian, bluetooth headset: scripts in wiki not working?

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 15:41:00 CET 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 4:26 AM, arne anka <openmoko at ginguppin.de> wrote:

> is the headset supposed to notify an incoming call? because i called the
> fr but the headset did not show any signs -- before investigation further
> i got distracted and did not return to the issue.

There is currently no logic for BtHeadset.py to notify state changes. If you
manually set gsmheadset.state before a call you _might_ hear the ringtone
through the headset, I haven't tried it. Using the headset like this would
drain the battery very quickly.

There is a much lower power way to do call notification with a bluetooth
headset.

Once this fix makes it into either a milestone or debian I will attempt to
add some of the framework hooks into BtHeadset
http://trac.freesmartphone.org/ticket/59

Angus

--
Angus Ainslie