Qtopia questions

Jette Derriche jette at nerdgirl.dk
Mon Oct 27 15:35:33 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 15:15 +0100, kazer at altern.org wrote:

> >> If
> >>
> >> http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Import_Vcf_Contacts
> >
> > I assume this is the command to use on my phone (Qt Extended from
> > qtopia.net with the mwester kernel)
> >
> > # addressbook path_to_vCards_file_to_import.vcf
> >
> > But is says 'addressbook not found'.
> >
> > I have googled but I haven't been able to get confirmation that this is
> > the way to do it...
> >
> > ?
> >
> > /Jette
> >

> To import my addressbook, i simply sent it via bluetooth, after exporting
> it from kaddressbook in VCF 3 format and changing the encoding. Qtopia
> imported it flawlessly, even importing my contacts's pictures. Some fields
> are still missing, like birthdays, but most of them are here. I haven't
> found yet how to export from FR to desktop, though.

My problem was that I used the 'addressbook' function via ssh on the
host.. That does not work. As soon as I did it directly in the phones
terminal, it worked fine.

Importing from VCard is much better that reading from SIM :-)

About exporting, the wiki says:
"Exporting to VCF can be done via qtmail's 'send all' function (which
only supports sms, bluetooth)"

In the Contact list, there is a 'Send all' function in the 'Options'
menu. I think that's the one they are talking about. I assume you can
use it to sent a VCard file to your desktop. I haven't tried it yet....

/Jette