Can't unlock the sim card

Jette Derriche jette at nerdgirl.dk
Tue Oct 28 09:14:11 CET 2008

On Mon, 2008-10-27 at 21:06 +0100, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
> Monday 27 October 2008 Jette Derriche wrote:

> > >   Yup - what's happening is that the Smart theme isn't really suited for
> > > use on the Freerunner (hopefully yet) ;) - The trick for now is to either
> > > turn off the SIM protection, or to switch to the old theme :)
> >
> > Okay... so how do I get past the lock, so I can switch theme? I can't
> > even ssh to the phone.
>
>   It's pretty difficult, but you *can* type numbers on that keypad. Do a few
> tests and press delete until you are certain the numbers you hit are the
> correct ones (the biggest problem is the 8 key, which is partially covered by
> one of the icons, and thus very hard to hit). You only have to get past it
> that once to get in and turn off the SIM protection, but do watch out, as it
> of course still will lock you out and require PUK after three mistries...
> Yeah, not really optimal ;)

Of cause... The PUK code. I had forgotten all about it. No wonder I was
not able to unlock the phone. I must have tried 20 times or so...hehe.
I can't believe my luck, I actually found the PUK in one of my
drawers :-)

Fortunately, I still have my old phone, so unlocking with the PUK is no
problem.

/Jette