[Qt Extended] Take a screenshot?

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Wed Oct 29 07:04:49 CET 2008

Joel Newkirk wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 12:04:25 +0800, xiangfu <xiangfu at openmoko.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jette, you can ssh the Freerunner, run the screenshot command under
>> the ssh,
>> it's will take the Freerunner screenshot.
>> but i forget what the command it.
>>
>> Jette Derriche wrote:
>>> I am sure this is a trivial thing to do, but I just cant figure it out.
>>> If I select 'screenshot' it immediatly takes a screenshot of the current
>>> screen which is 'Applications'. How to I take a screenshot of any other
>>> screen?
>>>
>>> /Jette
>
> DISPLAY=:0 gpe-scap

thats all fine and dandy, except gpe-scp does not run in Qt Extended (hence the [Qt Extended] in the
subject)

To answer Jette's question, you can select the period of time, say 5 seconds. Then hold the Aux
button to get the task manager and then you can select Home and open the app you want. Or can can
have the app open, use task manager to open the screenshot app, and then use task manager to show
the previous app you want a screenie of.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Qt Software, Nokia Pty Ltd