[all] confirmation sms

Erin Yueh erin_yueh at openmoko.com
Thu Oct 30 10:42:39 CET 2008

Cédric Berger wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 20:46, Petr Vanek <vanous at penguin.cz> wrote:
>> I am trying to figure out how to receive confirmation upon delivery of
>> a sms. I haven't found any info related to any distro (asu, fso, qt).
>> Any hint? Thank you,
> This might help :
> http://www.iphonestalk.com/tip-how-to-get-sms-delivery-reports-on-an-iphone/
> No known code for french network here... I would have think it is not
> so hard to find since a lot of phones have this feature implemented...
> but a quick googling gave me nothing.

I implemented this feature in gsmd last year and I am sure we can use it
in ASU image (openmoko-messages2). There is a checkbox in UI when you
composing a SMS. Also, I roughly checked qtopia code and it seems only
in MMS, not SMS. About FSO, I think we could have this feature since it
can support SMS PDU mode now.

if you are interested in sending SMS, you may check this spec. 3GPP
23.040 Sec TP-Status-Report-Indication (TP-SRI). We need to turn
it on when we send a SMS out to GSM network.

Best Regards,