connecting a usb 3g modem

Andy Green andy at
Mon Sep 1 11:24:04 CEST 2008

| On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 6:41 PM, Andy Green <andy at> wrote:
|> Sometimes when I use it on normal laptop, I get bogus DNS in UK.
| You mean like if you use
|    host
| on your Linux system, when using the modem as the DNS server, you get
| complaints like "malformed response" etc.?

No the dhcp client puts the DNS nameserver lines in, but they don't
always work.  There's another issue on my box somehow that later,
NetworkManager overwrites it with old DNS nameserver line somehow, but
now I realized why my connectivity breaks I stop NetworkManager for the
duration and that solves it.

| Surprisingly, that proprietary OS that most FOSS people hate to use...
| works just fine with the DNS implementation on the ADSL modems... a
| case of two brokens make one "fixed"? :-P

Dread to think of it.

- -Andy

Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -