[Fwd: getting error while trying to flash my neo freerunner]

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Thu Sep 4 19:40:37 CEST 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: getting error while trying to flash my neo freerunner
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2008 19:31:43 +0200
From: Detructor <steffen.linux at gmx.de>
To: community at lists.openmoko.org

Hey guys,

I hope you can help me, I've the following problem:

When I try to flash the neo on my laptop I get a
"Starting download: [dfu_download error -71"

sometimes the download starts and then I get the error.

When I get the neo in June, I could flash it without getting this error.

My operating system: Ubuntu 8.04.1

I ask here, because I can't find anything about this error in the www
(only 3 entries in google and none of it helps).

hope for help

What command line did you use? One cause of this error is when you give
the wrong argument to dfu-util, e.g. -a u-boot while flashing a kernel