getting error while trying to flash my neo freerunner

steffen.linux at steffen.linux at
Fri Sep 5 10:16:31 CEST 2008

Hi, me again ;)

I think I've the part of the code, where the error occurs:
In sam7dfu.c
"printf("Starting download: [");
	while (bytes_sent < st.st_size /* - DFU_HDR */) {
		int hashes_todo;

		ret = read(fd, buf, xfer_size);
		if (ret < 0) {
			goto out_close;

now where is the function "read"? and what does this function? I can't find anything in the sam7dfu.c and in the included files, there is even no function "read".
Only one file I can't check because I dunno where it is: config.h in the svn trunk.

Why do I think that this is the code where the error occurs?
1. the "Starting download ["
2. the "perror(fname);", in the other error handlers, there is a ""Error during download\n", but in my error message, there is only a "dfu_download error".
-------- Original-Nachricht --------