Battery discharging while plugged in

Daniel Benoy daniel at
Fri Sep 5 16:10:20 CEST 2008

On Friday 05 September 2008 09:51:34 Dale Maggee wrote:
> USB cable connected to computer, not the charger.

See if you have the same problem with the official charger.

> > Is the phone on and unsuspended the whole time you're charging?
> >
> yes, using 2007.2's "dim only, don't lock" option, so most of the time
> the screen is turned off, but the phone is not suspended. I don't use
> suspend.

> the way I'm plugging it in hasn't changed since It used to charge to
> 100% and stay there.

My theory isn't so good then.. but it's still worth looking in to whether you're drawing the required current.

> erm, i don't know how to tell for sure

This is a Freerunner right?

Try this:
cat /sys/devices/platform/s3c2440-i2c/i2c-adapter/i2c-0/0-0073/charger_type

The far right should be the amperage that the charger is currently set to draw.  More details (and other things in sysfs you may want to examine) here:

If you're plugged directly into the host, you should be getting 500mA, assuming your operating system is performing power negociation properly.  Hubs can be inconsistant unless they have external power.