gta02, debian, fso: pairing (and using) bleutooth headset?

Angus Ainslie angus.ainslie at
Fri Sep 5 18:39:53 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 2, 2008 at 10:56 PM, Brad Midgley <bmidgley at> wrote:

> Jim
> > I already tried all that, including the python script. I've tried
> everything on the bluez wiki and
> > the OM wiki.
I got a bluetooth headset to work. Here' and initial rundown on how to do
it, I'm not sure if all of the steps are required but I know most of them

Pair your headset instructions are here

After pairing I made a ./home/root/asoundrc to set the headset up as the
default alsa device. This step is probably not required

pcm.!default {
        type bluetooth
        device <device mac address from above pairing>
        profile "auto"

I wrote a little python script to setup the audio service and set the
headset as the default device

I compiled the binary from the wiki page

Get the alsa state file

Now start the call

alsactl restore 0 Gsmbluetooth_gta02.state.txt <headset mac addres> &

You should now hear the call in your headset. I have not tried to see if the
mic is working yet. This was all done with the 2008-updates image from sept