Software package

David Samblas dsamblasomcommunity at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 14:21:18 CEST 2008

you can copy an existing one,

#cd /usr/share/applications
#cp  pyefl-sudoku.desktop whateveryouwant.desktop

and now with you prefered text editor I use joe to install it, just
#opkg install joe
or you can use already installed vi

#joe whateveryouwant.desktop
You will see something like this

[Desktop Entry]
Encoding=UTF-8
Name=Sudoku
TryExec=sudoku_ui.py
GenericName=pyefl-sudoku
Comment=Sudoku game
StartupNotify=false
Exec=sudoku_ui.py
Icon=pyefl-sudoku
Terminal=false
Type=Application
Categories=Applications;Game;ENLIGHTENMENT;

modify Name,GenericName to "Handwriting" for example,  Comment to X11
handwritting recognition, TryExec and Exec with the executable name (you
dont have specified it in you mail so if you don't know how to retrieve
it please read below)
you can also change the icon (a 48x48 pixels png file will fit, you can
easy, create/adapt one with gimp), and change to a more fitting
categories as Applications;Utilities;keyboards;input

To know the name of the binary to execute doing a
#opkg files <name of the pakage>|grep bin

it will list what files it probides and the grep will filter those
installed in defaults executables directories, surely one of those files
will be the one you  need.

By the way, can you especify where did you download, read, and know
about this handwritting stuff?? I have no idea.

for the rotate screen stuff look in
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Gestures or if you want something more
simplier look at http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Rotate