Om2008.8 wifi ... mschapv2

Joel Newkirk freerunner at
Tue Sep 9 07:33:59 CEST 2008

On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 12:31:48 -0500, "Savio Monteiro" <savimonty at>
> Hi,
> I recently bought the new openmoko freerunner and was trying to connect
> my campus wifi n/w with the following
> /etc/network/interfaces and /etc/wpa_supplicant/wpa_supplicant.conf ...

> Any Suggestions anybody? Would appreciate the help.
> The same configuration of interfaces and wpa_supplicant.conf works very
> well
> on my ubuntu laptop.
> Thanks a million for the support.
> Savio Monteiro.

Check if the campus APs are supporting 802.11G connections.  The Atheros
AR6000 series chips are either G-only or A/G, they don't support 802.11B.
(AR6002G is G-only, AR6002X is A/G, Freerunner uses 6002G)  Unfortunately,
the wiki indicate B/G in several places, such as and