A few problems I've been having ... suggestions?

Gothnet openmoko at nastylittlehorse.net
Tue Sep 9 12:56:54 CEST 2008

e hanks wrote:
> Maybe losing your other phone will result in a better running FreeRunner.

Definitely the impetus I needed to start looking at the freerunner more

> Finger friendly keyboard?!

Compared to matchbook? It's a blessing! I'm sure there's still work to be
done, but I can at least tap out a text message with my fingernail now. Most
of the time. And with some compromises on choice of words when it doesn't

> Wifi & GPS? Works. Mostly. Wpa_supplicant is tricky. Let Settings'
> Wifi fill in the blanks.

GPS just works and finds me. GPRS I haven't looked at yet.
Wifi likewise. I'm reasonably familiar with wpa_supplicant so I'm not
anticipating trouble.

> Battery woes.- all night is ok if you need some charging otherwise I'm
> pulling out the battery just to get a boot.

I think it heard me, this morning it decided to behave. Except for the alarm
which still didn't go off.

> Best of luck...

Sent from the Openmoko Support mailing list archive at Nabble.com.