Alishams Hassam hit2436 at
Sat Sep 13 23:46:09 CEST 2008

The wiki!! It will answer most of your questions. Because Ive got time to kill, i'll even provide direct links.
1 &2
    Look at the repo with qtopia in brackets (only the chooseopen ones for now I think)
   How well this will work on qtopia I don't know. Infact I don't think the app itself will as it looks like a gtk app, but good luck.
5. I remember trying to get qtgps (i think that's what it was called) to work in qtopia but I couldn't and then 2008.8 was released. I remember seeing a thread about qtgps either here or in the community list so search through and maybe someone got  it working.
From: sigma_50 at
To: support at
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 15:25:01 +0200

I have a few  questions regarding the Neo freerunner with Qtopia 4.3.3

1. I can only find 8 applications (packages) to install outside the packages already installed, do i have the wrong repository's? I have a few called
2 . I have a server address in Software Packages, is there any other server that should be there .
3. What is Package installer, it uses something called ipkg, (related to dpkg i guess)  but i just says Please Wait, and nothing happens
4 I cant get the motion sofware in to work, what package do i need, Gesture?, Where do i find it.
5. How do i activate GPS