python glib broken in fso-testing from today

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Sat Sep 20 00:30:12 CEST 2008

Jim Ancona wrote:
> A followup for anyone who's interested. Since the bug I filed was marked
> invalid and closed, I tried flashing today's image, only to have the
> same problem.

I've re-opened the bug until the feeds and images are fixed.

> Based on the information provided by Mickey and Rob, I did
> the following:
>
> root at om-gta02:~# opkg remove -force-depends python-pygobject
> Removing package python-pygobject from root...
> root at om-gta02:~# opkg install
> http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-testing/feeds/armv4t/morgue/python-pygobject_2.14.2-r1_armv4t.ipk
>
> Downloading
> http://downloads.freesmartphone.org/fso-testing/feeds/armv4t/morgue/python-pygobject_2.14.2-r1_armv4t.ipk
> Installing python-pygobject (2.14.2-r1) to root...
> Configuring python-pygobject
>
> I then ran "/etc/init.d/frameworkd start" and waited a while for zhone
> to connect. When it didn't, I rebooted. (I may not have waited long
> enough.) After the reboot, Zhone connected and I was able to make a call.
>
> This procedure will probably be neccessary to use any fso-testing image
> until they fix the broken python-pygobject package.

I've removed the bad package from the FSO autobuilder, and it's
currently rebuilding the good package and images containing it.  Once
that's done it will rsync with the feeds area to deploy them.  That
rsync will also remove all the non-working images.

-- Rod