Sound quality in media playback

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at
Mon Sep 22 08:55:45 CEST 2008

2008/9/18 Al Johnson <openmoko at>:
> I haven't looked closely at the whole media playback issue so I don't know
> what the best solution is. If you're lucky someone who does might read this,
> but you may be better off reposting with a more appropriate subject line.

Changed title. I'm succesfully using Neo as a DAP using the .tar.gz:d
media player with pulseaudio disabled from (and theme files from
Additionally I've changed the /usr/share/openmoko/*.state files' Bass
Filter and Bass Volume settings to compensate for Neo's hardware
high-pass filtering the sound (see