neo1973 does not power on.

Andy Green andy at
Tue Sep 23 22:23:33 CEST 2008

|> | After a recent reboot, the system never came back. Pushing the power
|> button
|> | causes nothing to happen. I don't even seem to get into uboot(no logo
|> screen).
|> See if this helps: pull the battery, wait a few seconds, then hold down
|> AUX key and keep it down, reapply battery, hold power button in too, let
|> go of AUX then let go of power button.
| Andy,
| For the curious, and for further enlightenment, can you explain what
| that does?

It just starts him up in NOR U-Boot instead of NAND.  The guy didn't
mention NOR, it can be he trashed the NAND U-Boot during meddling with
Debian and he will be able to recover via NOR if that's the case.

I found on some devices with various vintages of NOR U-Boot and / or
trouble you need to do that particular sequence to get it to start, so I
described it in detail just in case.

- -Andy
Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -