Internet connection for the FR via UMTS modem?

Thomas Bertani sylar1991 at
Wed Sep 24 18:53:06 CEST 2008

2008/9/24 Mark Weinem <mark.weinem at>

> Hi,
> anybody out there with a successfull UMTS setup for the FR? Hints, tips and
> HOWTOs are welcome. I have an USB-connected modem here but I'm still
> searching
> for a fitting USB-adapter, the local dealers here in Germany do not have
> them.
> Thanks & best regards, Mark Weinem

I bought the usb-adapter from ebay... and I have an umts usb modem. I
connected it successfully and I get it working (the modem led turns on) but
it seems that no internet connection is aviable... (I have an huawei e270