enlightenment crashes

Carsten Haitzler (The Rasterman) raster at rasterman.com
Fri Sep 26 12:10:03 CEST 2008

On Fri, 26 Sep 2008 21:24:35 +1200 "Robin Paulson" <robin.paulson at gmail.com>
babbled:

> 2008/9/26 The Rasterman Carsten Haitzler <raster at rasterman.com>:
> > perhaps doing what it suggests might help? :) note - chances are whatever
> > you have  is likely behind the curve and possibly is segving as a result of
> > inconsistent packages (eg svnrev of illume != svnrev of efl/e-wm). most
> > likely.
>
> i flashed the new 2008.9 image a few days ago (i'd done an opkg
> upgrade from 2008.8, but had been having the same problems, so went
> from scratch and re-flashed), and have got the stock feeds - no extra
> repos or anything, and i've done an opkg update && upgrade every day.
> it's up to date now and still giving that message, so i doubt
> anything's out of sync
>
> > so first check illume and evas, e-wm, edje, ecore, eet, embro, efreet, edbus
> > are all the same svnrev. what svnrev is that? also installing -dbg (debug)
>
> ok, i did a check - all those packages (guess you mean embryo, not
> embro?) are svnr 35818, with varying suffixes - r1/r2/r3/r4/r6/r12

illume as well? hmm. ok definitely behind the curve - i'm building 36262's
currently. backtraces would be good! i dont use asu anymore. (fso stuff thouhg
i've now been building stripped down images minus frameworkd and zhone etc. just
to keep build sizes/times and flash times down).

> > packages for these and gdb and gdb attaching and getting a backtrace will
> > mean i can actually help you! :)
>
> right, installed the -dbg packages, and lots of dependencies too...
>
> i'm afraid the rest is beyond me - i read up a bit on gdb and
> backtraces, but got lost around the use of file. any hints would be
> great, or do you have a script ready-built that i could use?

http://wiki.enlightenment.org/index.php/Debugging

:) cunningly prepared i advance... :)