Status on GTA01?

Tilman Baumann tilman at baumann.name
Mon Sep 29 11:28:17 CEST 2008

Peter Rasmussen wrote:
> Having fetched some images from http://downloads.openmoko.org/daily/
> during September and wondered where we are going, I'm now finally taking
> the opportunity to ask.
>
> What is the version of uboot, kernel and root image that gets the most
> out of the GTA01 hardware?

Everything that is not ASU/2008.8.

I find FSO (milestonte3 or testing) amazingly stable. But not very
versatile yet.
2008.2 is still the best in my eyes when it comes to functionality and
good GUI. But may be slightly less stable. (not sure if this is even true)

I currently use FSO, it has only basic features and they are pretty
clunky. But I like to ride the bleeding edge. :)
And there I had the most amazing success with suspend I ever had.

Regards
  Tilman