[FSO 5.1] Preventing screen blanking

Ingvaldur Sigurjonsson ingi at telia.com
Tue Apr 7 09:50:27 CEST 2009

I've read the manual/wiki and I read the mailinglist but I cant recall
when I read about that stuff so here it comes again...

You can use 'mdbus' for this kind of stuff by using the dbus-methods
provided by the /org/freesmartphone/Usage (org.freesmartphone.ousaged):

Check the current ResourcePolicy:
$ mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage \
   org.freesmartphone.Usage.GetResourcePolicy 'Display'

(mine usually returns 'auto')

Set the ResourcePolicy to 'enabled' and the display wont undisplay it
self...
$ mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged /org/freesmartphone/Usage \
   org.freesmartphone.Usage.SetResourcePolicy 'Display' 'enabled'

When I'm finished I usually set the ResourcePolicy back to 'auto' so the
battery wont drain.

I wrote a little GUI using python-elementary which was a good way of
getting started using the dbus API. I use that to to turn on WiFi and
GPS, using the same methods as above, but with another resource ('WiFi'
and 'GPS'). This works at least on FSO milestone5.5 (built at home).

Regards
- Ingi