[FSO] milestone V on GTA01 - U-Boot updates

Peter Rasmussen plr at udgaard.com
Tue Apr 7 21:42:44 CEST 2009

Too bad, but it raises some questions:

1.Is it only the GTA01 you don't have a debug board for?
2.Otherwise, how can you at all develop for it, because that must mean that all your development must be made without any testing?
3.Or do you have some tricks that are unknown to the rest of us?
4.I have never understood why it should be possible to brick the Neo1973 for any reason, because if you have prepared at least one 'safe' entry point you should always be able to at least get to that. Or what is the problem?
5.Then, I would like to know what exactly your new uboot does, as it must be more than just being able to boot from a +4GB positioned partition?
Ad.5 I would hope that it would be able to boot from a selectable set of kernels, that would then be able to continue booting a selectable set of root partitions? Can you please elaborate?

Peter