[SHR-Testing] No GSM anymore :(

Chaosspawn23 Chaosspawn23 at gmx.net
Thu Apr 9 00:36:40 CEST 2009

Hello again,

a few hours ago, the GSM on my freerunner ceased to work. Using shr-testing, I
was used to restarting every now and then because the the gsm subsystem doesn't
work after some time/calls, but after the last restart, I don't even get the pin
entry dialog anymore. Multiple restarts and trying to wiggle around the SIM card
in case it is a mechanical/electrical problem didn't help.
The phone settings (settings program, section "phone") tells me it can't connect
to dbus, and ophonekitd is not running and prompts me to start it (which
appearently  doesn't work, either), and the result of dmesg is a torrent of

modem wakeup interrupt

messages.
Any ideas on what might be wrong or what I could try for a remedy or at least to
locate the source of the problem?

Regards,
Konstantin