OM2008.12 - basic usage instructions?

Craig Woodward woody at
Fri Apr 10 03:58:01 CEST 2009

Can I make a small request for the next release of 2009.X?

When a new release does come out, can we get a tarball/snapshot of the source used to build with posted somewhere along with the image?  Yes, I know having history in git is useful, but it's also really nice to have snapshots.  Experience tells me that repositories and git servers can go away, but a downloaded tarball generally doesn't.

---- Angus Ainslie <nytowl at> wrote:

On Thu, 2009-04-09 at 23:53 +0300, Risto H. Kurppa wrote:
> > Looking forward to seeing you updates to the wiki.
> Don't waste all your time there, we're expecting the new 2009 version
> of the Openmoko distribution to arrive (well, there was a promise to
> have something last month already) at some stage.

Having updated information on the getting started page still sounds like
a good idea.

Om2009 is coming along well and should have a testing version soon. The
plan ( is that a promise ? ) was to be doing alpha builds last month.
Those are available for download right now in the unstable and
experimental distro's.

support mailing list
support at