No GSM. Suspect dead Calypso. What to do?

danek daniel at digsoc.com
Sat Apr 11 06:25:36 CEST 2009

OK, I just flashed the latest daily image from unstable so that I could test again, using socat with the correct versions of libssl and libcrypto.

First let me say I'm very impressed with the great work being done with the software since I last used the phone...

Anyway, an interesting thing happened when I tried to use socat. I booted the phone, made sure zhone wasn't running, power cycled the modem, installed and ran socat... what started happening is that the modem kept repeatedly saying
"OK

OK

OK"... etc ad infinitum.

Then I realized I hadn't installed the modules when I flashed the kernel and rootfs. I did this and repeated the procedure, and got the same results as I did when I was running Om2008.12 with socat linked with the wrong versions of libssl and libcrypto, which was more or less what I expected.