No GSM. Suspect dead Calypso. What to do?

Joerg Reisenweber joerg at openmoko.org
Sun Apr 12 14:42:09 CEST 2009

Am So  12. April 2009 schrieb danek:

> On Sun, 2009-04-12 at 06:05 +0100, Joerg Reisenweber wrote:
> > Give
> > root at om-gta02:~# mickeyterm -c
>
> > All this on GSM-flashing uSD-image booted from uSD, login via ssh.
> > you might want to
> > root at om-gta02:~# ps x
> >  1645 ?        S      0:00 /bin/sh /etc/rc5.d/S99flash-moko start
> > root at om-gta02:~# kill 1645
> > to stop the gsm-flashing process (if you're sure FLUID isn't just about to
> > flash the GSM-FW. I.e: if it shows either "Bootloader: (reset target)"
> > or "Program: (0 sectors, 0*8k=0k) () ok" it's absolutely safe to kill the
> > flashing process)
>
> Thanks, I will try the GSM-flash uSD image and mickeyterm. And if you
> agree, I think it's probably safest to stop the flashing process by
> removing S99flash-moko from /etc/rc5.d ...

Sure. The perfect way.

If you are familiar with electronics you also could test the bat by probing
for voltage and temporarily attaching a 1R2..1R5 (>0.5W! better a 2W) during
watching the voltage. (<0.5sec). Or use a incandescent lightbulb that's
drawing ~2A @ 3V5, instead of the resistor. You probably need a fast DVM or
an analog voltmeter or 'scope for this.
Bat voltage must not drop below say 3V.
Well testing with a spare bat for sure is much simpler and yields more
reliable results anyway.

cheers
jOERG