problem in Using GPRS [Debian]

lakshmikanth t.lakshmikanth at
Fri Apr 17 19:12:00 CEST 2009

Fianlly i found out the solution.......

The Vodafone (India) needs a Proxy Server and Port : and 9401
I just tried with User name and passwd as:  guest and guest(they can be used any dummy)

all the settings were same as earlier(mentioned in the starting of the thread)

Thanks for all Your Support...!

I get a ppp0 connection when i followed the steps given in " " for connecting to GPRS.
But i cannot access internet from GPRS, i cannot even ping any website/IP. DNS automatically comes up when i use as and

here is the way my phone works:

debian-gta02:~# ./
/org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device: ActivateContext ->

after that #ifconfig gives me this "ppp0 connection "

ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
          inet addr:  P-t-P:  Mask:
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
          RX bytes:122 (122.0 B)  TX bytes:283 (283.0 B)

debian-gta02:~# route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use Iface     *      UH    0      0        0 ppp0     *        U     0      0        0 usb0
default         *              U     0      0        0 ppp0

debian-gta02:~# ping
PING ( 56(84) bytes of data.
--- ping statistics ---
18 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 17014ms

I tested for GPRS by using in Nokia 3230/6600 handsets...and it works fine...!!

What could be the problem??