Browsers and Wifi for OM2009

Angus Ainslie nytowl at openmoko.org
Sat Apr 18 17:57:06 CEST 2009

On Fri, 2009-04-17 at 23:10 +0530, Alok G. Singh wrote:
> OM2009 seems pretty quite functional: GPS, GPRS and telephony work just
> fine. Mokomaze was uninstallable due to a dependency on libsdl.
>
> I was unable to find a browser and a wifi application for OM2009. Are
> there any ?

There is currently no UI for wifi. Mofi might be a possibility although
I haven't tried it myself. I just have a properly setup
wpa_supplicant.conf anf interfaces file. I then call ifup and if down
from desktop files.

fennec is in the feeds but I think the UI is going to need to be
reworked. It is also unusably slow and I'm trying to make sure the build
options are properly optimized for the Freerunner.

Angus