The myth of missed phone calls (was: OM2008.12 - basic usage instructions?)

Ali alishams at interchange.ubc.ca
Thu Apr 23 06:17:47 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2009-04-23 at 05:33 +0200, Nicola Mfb wrote:
> 2009/4/20 Daniel Willmann <daniel at totalueberwachung.de>:
> [...]
> > I'm curious, what distro are you using? I would be pretty surprised if
> > carrier differences are having that effect.
>
> May the gsm firmware influence that?
>
>      Nicola

I know when I went from moko2 to moko11, I suddenly stopped missing
calls.  The only indication of the park-unpark issue I ever had was when
the freerunner first came out, and a little while later with zhone on
debian showing messages of "registered to fido" Only popup messages
though, not in zhone itself.  I would never see this issue on any other
stack, though at times I would miss calls. Since moko11 I do not think I
have missed a call. What pissed me off the most was not being able to
reproduce the problem: I tried to explain this to someone who thought I
was ignoring them so they tried to phone me and it rang! That did not
look good.