[Om2009] The g key of my Freerunner is broken!

ø flamma at member.fsf.org
Thu Aug 13 12:15:27 CEST 2009

Hi everybody.

I can't write a single 'g' with my Neo Freerunner. How can it be? Well,
I'm quite silly and I tried to modify scummvm starting script to use 'g'
key as 'F5'. I couldn't but, several days after, I discovered this key
had stopped to work. For illustrate it, I paste my brilliant modified
script at the end of this message[1].

I got keycode 250 from xev.

Well I know I have to restore the mapping, but I can't figure how. I
have looked for a file, or something, but I haven't found any. I tried
to resintall several packages related, but managed nothing.

Just in case, I attach xev output for key 'f' and key 'g' [2].

By the way, I'm using illume keyboard as shipped by default in Om2009.
It is funny that not only terminal keyboard is broken, but also default.
  It guess me words with letter g, and even let me writes the letter g,
but once I press the word, all gs magically disappears.

So, the question is, how can I restore the state of the mappings?
Bonus: how should be done what I was trying to do?
Bonus 2: How do Om2009 users play scummvm?

Many thanks.

[1]

# Don't use this if you don't know what are you doing
# (that is, don't be as stupid as me)
#!/bin/sh

#KEYCODE=177  # antiguo keycode del boton aux
KEYCODE=250
# Save current AUX Key mapping
SAVE_KEY="$(xmodmap -pke | grep 'keycode $KEYCODE')"

# Remove the Enlightenment binding for AUX
#enlightenment_remote -binding-key-del ANY "Keycode-$KEYCODE" NONE 1
"simple_lock" ""

# Map AUX Key to F5
xmodmap -e "keycode $KEYCODE = F5"

# Turn LCD feft
xrandr -o left

# Start the scummvm in fullscreen mode
scummvm.real --themepath=/usr/share/scummvm/

# Turn LCD normal
xrandr -o normal

# Restore the AUX Key mapping
xmodmap -e "$SAVE_KEY"

# Restore Enlightenment mapping
#enlightenment_remote -binding-key-add ANY "Keycode-$KEYCODE" NONE 1
"simple_lock" ""

[2]

// key 'f'

KeyPress event, serial 25, synthetic NO, window 0xc00001,
     root 0x3b, subw 0x0, time 14649380, (176,494), root:(176,550),
     state 0x0, keycode 41 (keysym 0x66, f), same_screen YES,
     XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (66) "f"
     XFilterEvent returns: False

KeyRelease event, serial 25, synthetic NO, window 0xc00001,
     root 0x3b, subw 0x0, time 14649380, (176,494), root:(176,550),
     state 0x0, keycode 41 (keysym 0x66, f), same_screen YES,
     XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (66) "f"
     XFilterEvent returns: False

// key 'g'

FocusOut event, serial 25, synthetic NO, window 0xc00001,
     mode NotifyGrab, detail NotifyAncestor

FocusIn event, serial 25, synthetic NO, window 0xc00001,
     mode NotifyUngrab, detail NotifyAncestor

KeymapNotify event, serial 25, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
     keys:  59  0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
            0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0