SHR headphones not detecting

Paul paultsai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 15:46:55 CEST 2009

Anyone else experiencing issues where the phone doesn't react to the
plugging in of headphones?  I found that when it doesn't detect the head
phones, only one ear (the left year) works and the speaker on the phone is
also on.  This isn't great when commuting on public transit.

Sometimes restarting the alsa service gets it to detect the headphones,
though I cannot recreate this with great reliability.

Any ideas?  Is this a hardware or a software issue?  (I do hear blips in
both ears when plugging them in.

Thanks

--
Paul
Email - paultsai at gmail.com

There were moments when he looked on evil simply as a mode through which he
could realize his conception of the beautiful.
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray