Using the Freerunner as a modem for a laptop

Sven Hartrumpf hartrumpf at
Tue Dec 1 09:01:24 CET 2009

Mon, 30 Nov 2009 22:20:45 +0100, jeffrey.ratcliffe wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:04:28PM +0100, I wrote:
>> > Use DHCP now to connect to your device, that should be it.
>> Sorry, what do I type or launch exactly?
> Well, as I said, with network-manager, or equivalent, it is
> trivial.

> Without, you probably need a section in
> /etc/network/interfaces like:
> auto eth1
> iface eth1 inet dhcp
>         address
>         netmask

Thanks for your patience! - And now I can access the Internet
from openSUSE 11.2 using the Freerunner.
I tried to document in the Wiki what is needed if you do not use the
NetworkManager. I hope it's ok: