Sooo... I may have blown up my battery.

Joachim Ott jo.omsl at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 1 16:09:24 CET 2009

2009/12/1 François-Léonard Gilbert <gilbertf at gmail.com>:
> Hi all,
> I think I killed my battery by plugging my Freerunner in a car
> charger.   The thing was supposed to be OK, but well.  I know for sure
> I can't keep a charge in the battery, not even enough to boot up.

What type of charger is that? Mine works ok (I think it's from Hama),
it charges with 1000mA.

Can you measure the voltage left in the battery?

Have you tried this:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_FreeRunner_Battery#More_tricks

> When I get a new battery delivered, does anybody have tips on how to
> check if the phone's charging circuit is OK?

Check the output voltage and ampere of the charger before pluggin a FR
once more.