Options of places to get a buzz fix

Nick om-support-list at njw.me.uk
Sat Dec 12 17:45:05 CET 2009

Hi there,

I just recently, after several years of wanting to, got myself a
(nearly) new Neo Freerunner (from eBay). It appears to suffer from
the 'Buzz' problem, so I'm looking around at the best way to get it
fixed.

While I like the idea of fixing it myself, I lack the fine soldering
experience to have any confidence of success.

I live in the UK, and if anyone knows of a person / company who
would do this for me here, that would be ideal.

Failing that, I'm happy to see that 'Golden Delicious Computers,'
based in Germany, offer a service fixing it
(http://www.handheld-linux.com/wiki.php?page=Buzz-Rework). Does
anyone have any experience with them? I also note they offer a 1024
fix. How can I tell definitively if I suffer from this problem? I
removed the 'never deep sleep' option in the latest unstable SHR
distribution, and I think it may have dropped out regularly, so put
the option back in. Is there a logfile somewhere which I could
check, to see for sure if this is an issue for me?

Thanks very much, in advance, I'm happy to finally have an open
phone, and to see the SHR distribution doing so well on it.

Nick White

--
GPG : 0x04E4653F | 9732 D7C7 A441 D79E FDF0  94F6 1F48 5674 04E4 653F