OM2008.12 audio problems during call

casaubon jputhoff at
Tue Feb 3 17:43:13 CET 2009

Hi, all -

The sound, both incoming and outgoing, is completely absent when making and
receiving calls. The problem seems similar to those posted here:
and here:
but I am not able to restore the sound (even briefly) after a reboot. I am
using the python volume control and have noticed some strange behavior. When
I set the "output" slider on the handset, headset, etc. . . to 100 and then
make a call, the slider is subsequently reset to 0. I can't find any
documentation on the app. Does the "output" control mute the
phone when set to 0?

I am not expert on this, but is the audio changing to a different, silent
state when a call comes in or goes out?