[FSO] Wifi in M5 no longer functioning

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 10:08:37 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 1:40 AM, Michael 'Mickey' Lauer
<mickey at openmoko.org>wrote:

> That's correct behaviour due to auto-release. Please read the usage
> introduction at http://docs.freesmartphone.org/usage-intro.html
>
> If you can't stay on the bus, use SetResourcePolicy.

My bad, I hadn't read far enough before to catch the note about mdbus at the
bottom.  I've set the policy to enabled, but still having troubles

root at om-gta02:~# mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged
/org/freesmartphone/Usage org.freesmartphone.Usage.SetResourcePolicy WiFi
enabled
root at om-gta02:~# mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.ousaged
/org/freesmartphone/Usage org.freesmartphone.Usage.GetResourceState WiFi
True
root at om-gta02:~# ifup eth0
WPA: Configuring Interface
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
ioctl[SIOCSIWENCODEEXT]: Operation not supported
udhcpc (v1.13.2) started
run-parts: /etc/udhcpc.d/00avahi-autoipd exited with code 1
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
Sending discover...
No lease, failing

I don't _think_ it's a configuration issue, as my setup hasn't changed since
M4 and I'm using the same config files.

Really all I'm wanting to do is enable wifi so I can opkg some packages from
the command line, etc.  Am I going at this the wrong way?

Dylan