[FSO] Wifi in M5 no longer functioning

Dylan Semler dylan.semler at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 15:39:15 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 3:09 AM, Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> wrote:

>  | It seems to look like it's connected, but I still can't ping google, the
> | AP, or access the internet.
> usb0 is up too.

I use usb to ssh into the phone.

> But, the missing info is your routing table
> route -n

root at om-gta02:~# route -n
Kernel IP routing table
Destination     Gateway         Genmask         Flags Metric Ref    Use
Iface   U     0      0        0 usb0     U     0      0        0 eth0         UG    0      0        0 usb0

> Will the PC you are connected to act as gateway on the USB Ethernet
> connection?  Or is the only way out to the Internet through WLAN?

I haven't done anything to setup access to the internet via usb (just ssh)
so I imagine right now there's only WLAN.  Unless GPRS gets configured
automatically in M5.

> Can you ping even if you don't try to use DNS?

No.  No luck with

> What network range does the AP subnet use... 192.168.0.x again?

So I'm unclear whether you're supposed to ifup eth0 after SetResourcePolicy
WiFi enabled.  When I try right away it says
root at om-gta02:~# ifup eth0
ifup: interface eth0 already configured
root at om-gta02:~# ifdown eth0
cat: can't open '/var/run/udhcpc.eth0.pid': No such file or directory