[FSO] Milestone 5, uBoot and SD, any success?

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Thu Feb 12 04:50:09 CET 2009

Andy Green wrote:
> Somebody in the thread at some point said:
> | On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 12:11 AM, Marc Bantle <openmoko at rcie.de> wrote:
> |
> |> Until current rootfs' get fixed, I dropped the 'ro' option in
> |> the boot options.
> |
> | Thanks to all of you for you help. But I tried something else : Marek
> | Lindner just provided the steps for fixing the image. Here it is:
> |
> |  Not sure whether somebody was able to properly fix it or not. We
> (Chris and me)
> |  just ran into this issue and created a "fix" for the mount script.
> |  The /etc/init.d/checkroot.sh file in line 24 is the reason for the
> problem. It
> |  complains about a wrong file descriptor here: exec 9>&0 </etc/fstab
> |  I removed the 2 exec lines (line 24 and line 85) and added a " <
> /etc/fstab"
> |  at the end of line 84.
> |
> | It worked for me.
> It'd be great if we can get that change or something like it in the
> upstream that these images come from.

Rename the file from checkroot.sh to checkroot, and it achieves the same
effect (it is run in a shell instead of being sourced).

As I said previously, this was an upstream OE bug which made it's way
into FSO MS5 and has since been fixed upstream on OE.dev

-- Rod

More information about the support mailing list