Updating an old GTA01 (Neo 1973)

Torsten Schlabach tschlabach at gmx.net
Mon Feb 16 16:08:25 CET 2009

Hi!

Well, I checked below, but I am still a bit lost / confused. What I find
there:

1. lowlevel_foo-gta01bv?-*.bin

What's that?

The different versions belong to different hardware releases of the
GTA01, I guess. AFAIK the version of the device which got shipped to
most people is GTA01BV4? So in that case I would use
lowlevel_foo-gta01bv4-*.bin. I indeed wonder what will it into 280 / 320
bytes ...

2. u-boot-gta01bv?-*.bin

I guess this is the boot loader? Again, one has to choose the version
corresponding to the actual hardware revision, I guess.

3. uImage-2.6.??-oe?+*.bin

Just guessing ... Are these different kernel images?

4. modules-2.6.??-oe?*-r1-om-gta01.tgz

So I guess these are modules for the respective kernels, but why are
they a separate .tgz file? I guess this is *not* to be flashed with
dfu-util, is it?

5. fso-console-image / fso-image

Is this the userland? If yes, why are there two different formats
(.jffs2 and .tar.gz) and how would I load either on onto my device?

So on my original question, updating my old Neo 1973, I guess I would:

1. Flash lowlevel using dfu-util?
2. Flash u-boot using dfu-util?

That should give me a current boot loader again, hopefully, which can
deal with recent images.

3. Flash uImage using dfu-util?

Then ... ?

Regards,