[2008.testing] WSOD

Jeffrey Ratcliffe jeffrey.ratcliffe at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 23:13:30 CET 2009

My FR suffers from the buzzing problem, and so I got a friend of mine
who does that sort of soldering every day as part of his job to do the
big-C fix, and whilst he was at it, the SD/GPS fix.

Ever since the fixes were done, my FR gets the WSOD, i.e. on resume,
the screen goes white, and then fades to black, starting in the
middle. Without the SD card, the white screen take much longer to
fade, and then to vertical light grey stripes of various widths, a bit
like a faded barcode.

I assume that the big-C fix can have nothing to do with this, but I
wondered if the SD/GPS fix could. Removing the 10pF cap, however made
no difference, I still never get the FR to come out of resume
properly.

The only other thing I did around the same time was to replace uBoot with Qi.

To see if a more recent kernel would make a difference, I flashed
uImage-2.6.28-oe1+gitr34240a1c06ae36180dee695aa25bbae869b2aa26-r3-om-gta02.bin,
but resume problems remain.

Any ideas what I can do to sort this out?

Regards

Jeff