Solar Moko Idea

Paul paultsai at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 15:54:52 CET 2009

I know that there are solar cell phone out there.  The solar panels are not
there to replace other charging methods, simply to augment them.

Looking at solar panels, 5v 500mA are pretty big panels.  I believe the 5v
100mA are a better option.

http://www.tuuoo.com/iphone-solar-power-battery-case-green-powered-protection-p-684.html(note
bad reviews)
http://www.mountainwindandsun.com/sili16635.html

About the heat, I'm sure it shouldn't be an issue since I hope FIC has done
enough R&D that leaving the Freerunner in the sun for moderate amounts of
time should be ok.  If we attached the solar panel behind the back cover or
perhaps make it a flap that can go over the screen to double as a screen
protector, it may work.

Just some thoughts.

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 8:48 AM, Joachim Ott <jo.omsl at googlemail.com> wrote:

> 2009/2/19 Paul <paultsai at gmail.com>:
> > Has anyone given any thought about embedding a solar panel into the back
> > cover of the OpenMoko devices?
> >
> > I'm certain other modifications are necessary.
> >
> > This is an area I am interested in helping out with.  Anyone have
> expertise
> > in this area to see if this is even doable?
>
> How about an extra thing of A6 size, twice unfold growing to A4 size?
> And best would be, if it produced power at USB voltage level directly
> so that no extra trafo is needed.

Paul
Email - paultsai at gmail.com

There were moments when he looked on evil simply as a mode through which he
could realize his conception of the beautiful.
Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray